Regardless of which side of the political fence you find yourself on, it would be hard to deny that the last eight years have been ones for the history books. We have watched as Obama has occupied office and navigated many triumphs and failures over the past two terms. And I would imagine that we can all agree, although we may be excited or anxious for what is to come this year, being the President of the United States is a stressful job…one that most people would not want. We have watched as a nation as Barack’s hair has gradually turned from a dark black color to more of a “snowy” hue.
Now that his time in office is coming to an end, Discover Books has exclusive information into what he plans to do to find much needed peace and relaxation as he decompresses over the next year or so. A Discover Books EXCLUSIVE: Barack Obama’s Reading List for 2017. You’re welcome.
1) Bye, Bye White House – Leaving the White House and establishing a new permanent residence is likely at the top of Barack’s list of things to do for his family. And it will be necessary for him to brush up on his home-improvement skills since he likely won’t have a full staff to maintain his pristine home any longer. Home Improvement 1-2-3: Expert Advice From The Home Depot is the perfect read for learning the basics to keep his new home in great shape!
2) Stress Relief – The Little Book of Stress Relief by David Posen is a no brainer. Its pretty self explanatory that taking some time off MENTALLY from the trials and tribulations of running the nation is Obama’s first order of business after he moves out of the White House.
3) Vacationing – It is evident to anyone who watches them interact that the Obama family is just like any other American family. They may never be out of the public eye again but they are definitely looking forward to spending quality time together now that they are moving on. Getaways: Carefree Retreats For All Seasons by Chris Casson Madden will aid them in figuring out the most exclusive places to vacation and spend time with each other…away from the scrutiny of the press for a while.
4) Golf – CBS News recently reported that the president played over 300 rounds of golf during his time in office. He clearly uses his love of the sport as a way to fins some “me” time during the hectic workday. He is planning on reading Golf Courses of the World: 365 Days by Robert Sidorsky to start checking off his bucket list of courses. Drive on Barack, drive on. You deserve it!
5) Gray Hair – It might seem petty but Barack would like nothing more than to get back to his suave younger, darker-haired days. Step one…eliminate the grays. But we have all grown to love his gray hair as it makes him who he is and who he has become as POTUS. So we think that Barack will likely read The Hidden Treasures In Gray Hair: – Adults Golden Words Of Wisdom by Dele Ajaja. This will help him to not only learn about why he should love his “new do” but also maybe to learn a little bit more about life and what it has to offer in his adult years, post presidency.
Want to read like a president? Click on any of the links above to head over to www.DiscoverBooks.com and order your very own copy of the books that Barack Obama will be reading this year. We know you wont be disappointed. As we look forward to a new Presidential era, we would like to extend our words of “Farewell” to a historic era with the Obamas – Best of luck, happy adventuring and happy reading in the new year Barack, Michelle, Malia and Natasha!!