Good Morning!! We hope you had a fabulous holiday yesterday, but now, it’s time to face the facts and get down to biznazz.
It is a well-known fact that today, February 15th…the day after Valentine’s Day…might as well be a national candy holiday. Today, in pretty much every store imaginable, every box of heart shaped chocolates, bag of fruity message hearts and tray of chocolate covered strawberries is going to be HEAVILY discounted. That being said, we can all pretty much admit that if we didn’t over-indulge yesterday while celebrating with our significant others, we are most likely going to over-indulge today because, hey…it’s ON SALE!
To keep your life balanced and your pants fitting perfectly, we have compiled a short list of 5 easy, peasy exercises that you can do WHILE READING, to make sure that the sweets don’t get the best of your health.
1) Elliptical or Stationary Bike – Burn tons of calories while catching up on your latest read. Perhaps you’re in the mood for some Jodi Picoult. “Leaving Time,” is one of our favorites right now. Buy it here for $3.50!
2) Wall Sitting – It’s basically the same as sitting in a chair (only way healthier) so you should be able to hold this position for at least an hour (we’re obviously joking….please don’t hurt yourself!) while finishing up the last few chapters of your current book.
3) Small Dumbbell Curls – Time to think BEAST MODE as you pump your iron and get your endorphins flowing…right? Okay maybe not that intense…but you can use lighter weights and still get the same affect. Prop your book up on the nearest table, counter, shelf, etc. and then you can stand/read/work out those arms all at the same time!
4) Squats – These are the easiest way to get your glutes in check! The best part is that, by reading while you do them, you can distract your mind from how bad your legs will be burning and get a more effective workout. You can do them with a friend or try getting lost in a whimsical, fictional novel like Harry Potter to help your mind escape from the love/hate relationship you likely have with squats! Check out the Harry Potter selection at www.DiscoverBooks.com now!
5) Calf Raises – Last but not least. This one is easy and will get your legs “summer ready” in no time! Basically, just stand in place (while reading, obviously) and lift yourself up onto your tip toes, hold for 5 seconds and then lower yourself back down to flat feet. After a few reps, you will feel the burn!
And there you have it! The 5 easiest exercises to do while reading your latest Discover Books treasure! Enjoy!!